Mens Health Panel
Rural in Reach recorded a panel discussion on Westlink focusing on Men’s health and well-being.
Featuring Heath Black ex AFL player, author and mental health advocate, Dean Dyer from the MAN- healthier directions for males and Dr Paul Pulé, from MenAlive Australia, specialising in men’s work. Men in regional Western Australia are at greater risk of health issues than their metro counterparts.
The panel brought insight and experience, both personally and professionally, to often difficult to talk about health concerns. Main points covered in the panel was:
- Metro vs Rural experience
- The ‘Bro-code’ & Mateship
- Barriers to accessing health and well-being support
- Signs to look for with someone experiencing depression and/or anxiety
- How to ask your mate ‘are you ok?’
- Role of women in men’s health
- Alcohol, other drugs & mental health
- Community health and well-being strategies
If you are interested in finding out more please watch the [Men’s Health panel]
Click here to view a report from the panel.
The following websites were discussed on the panel: